Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Perspective

First of all... can I just say that urine collection bags don't work so well if you forget to close the valve?!!  

Um yeah.

____

Guess what I did yesterday.   

Watched Owen's birthday video.  the one I made in January looking back over his first 5 years.  

Gave some good perspective for this momma.

He will make it through this too.  Probably with flying colors. 

God has been faithful before, he will be faithful again.  

link to the video  (beware, it's crazy long.)


good perspective.  Especially after being up at 1:00, 2:00, 2:30, 3:15, 5:00.   Good times.   

What's with the every other night program here?!!!

_____

Therapy

Took Owen to Turnstone yesterday to see his PT.  Hadn't had PT in several probably 6 months.  After some initial complaining he did great.  

6 minutes on the treadmill.  Some good standing exercises.

She said it is amazing how quickly kids can decondition.  9 days in bed and major abdominal surgery will do that I suppose.

Lots of core strength to regain.  and leg strength too.  But cutting through those abdominal muscles is bound to have an affect.  

Once he gets some of that core strength back, his balance will be better.

Therapy really tuckered him out.

_____

Attitude

yesterday I'm upstairs doing school with the kids and Owen is on the couch after his morning routine.  I turn around and what do I see....

Owen.

Walking.

up the stairs!

by himself!!!!  (major railing pulling going on, but nonetheless.)

Not a complaint to be heard.

And he proceeded to hold the railing all the way across the bridge to the play room.   

Hmmm!

180.

So glad we stuck to our guns the day before!

 still a few fits, but we're getting there!

____


Thanks as always for your prayers!  I will forever be thankful for the opportunity to SEE and FEEL God's hand, the power of prayer and the community of Christ at work.  It is truly amazing.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. By Carol Shank — Aug 8, 2012 7:49am
    Sounds like yesterday turned some corners. Really amazing Owen is doing so well. Sorry about the leaks and frequent ups in the night may you feel His strength and alertness today. Continuing in prayer. A friend in Christ and mother of nearly a 40 year old SB son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Kim Plattner — Aug 8, 2012 9:42am
    Yeah, Owen!!! So thankful to hear he's returning to his persevering self! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Bambi Muylle — Aug 8, 2012 9:44am
    Jen, you amaze me! What an awesome mother you are! So glad to hear that recovery is progressing! Please know that you are in my prayers each day!!



    Bambi Muylle

    ReplyDelete
  4. By Marne Dekkers — Aug 8, 2012 5:06pm
    Continuing to pray for your family and that Owen will keep on keepin' on! It's encouraging to hear how he went up the steps all on his own and that he is working hard in therapy. And while it might take a bit, he will get there. Good to look back at that video and get some perspective too. Cheering you on!

    Marne

    ReplyDelete
  5. By don swoverland — Aug 10, 2012 2:41pm
    you and eric are special people(caregivers) I know you've had help (God) and friends and family-but the really speciall person is Owen for all he's been through. I miss seeing your family at church not meaning you haven't been going but I keep missing you--love in Christ --Dg& Jeri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!