We are doing well. LOVING being home!
Owen seems
to be feeling pretty good. He is able to walk with assistance. Keeps
trying to walk by himself but his balance lasts for about 2 seconds. I
have to keep a close eye on him. In his mind he feels like he should be
able to just take off, but a fall would really hurt.
Took him to
physical therapy at Turnstone today. He did good. Crabby, whiny
attitude for a majority of it, but he did good. I guess I would be
whiny too if I were him, but it is starting to get old for his mama who
knows he knows better.
Yesterday he mostly layed around and
played on the floor. I had him sitting at the table for a while
coloring. He also took a much needed long nap! I put the rail on his
bed to keep him from trying to get down on his own. Those legs just are
a little shaky yet.
Today he has been moving independently much
better. Getting up and down from a sitting position to laying on the
floor al by himself. Even crawling a bit this afternoon! Yesterday we
were still helping him transition whenever he wanted to change
positions.
He really is doing amazing.
He has really
been fighting us on taking his medicines. So this afternoon, he seemed
to be doing fine and I told him we'd skip a dose and see how he did. So
far so good.
____
He got a sweet card today from his
teacher & classmates at school, Nurse Jill, and the office staff
(who adore him.) They sent it home with Liam. It was really sweet. I
tried just now to upload it and caringbridge is still having issues.
grrr. Owen was excited to show me the pictures of all his friends.
They all signed their names. It was really thoughtful and made his
day.
____
Grandma Potter got to come up today. Watched
the other kids while we went to therapy. It was nice to see her. She
and Neil just got back from Colorado last night. Grandpa will come up
tomorrow maybe. It was hard for them to be away during this time.
___
Things we're praying for:• for Owen to gain balance and strength to return to his legs through practice and patience.
• patience and wisdom for us with his behavior
• and also for how best to manage his pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!