Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick Update:

Owen finally caught the bug the rest of us have been passing around this week.  (being snowed in probably didn't help things.)  So he's been going down hill since Saturday and is down and out today with a fever and headache, very sleepy.  

I know.  I know.  Sounds like the shunt.  However, I am very certain it is the virus the rest of my kids and Eric had this week. (I could only wish Owen's shunt failure symptoms would be so obvious.)

So this means I had to call and move his surgery and appointments for tomorrow at Riley.  After much phone tag they are rescheduled for  NEXT Tuesday.

A bit frustrated with that blizzard right now, because this could all have been behind us.  Trusting in HIS timing.

Also, I am very anxious to get moving on new braces.  He is starting to get more red marks and even a bruise where his left foot is turning.  HIS timing.

A few prayer requests:

• for Owen and the rest of the family to feel better.  Owen is pretty miserable today.
• that he'll be healthy for eye surgery by next Tuesday.
• clarity and wisdom for the doctors next week in discerning between signs of shunt failure and the cold

and
• wisdom for Eric and I as we look in to preschool options for next year.  I won't go into the deboggle it has become, but it is far more complicated and frustrating than I would like.
• Please pray we will find the right preschool situation for Owen to have the things he needs to be ready for kindergarten the following year.  And wisdom in how to balance that with the needs of the whole family.

okay, one more
• wisdom in finding the right outside therapies to help Owen reach his potential and ,once again, how to balance that with the needs of the family.

Thanks,

Jen

6 comments:

  1. By Brandi Wegner — Feb 7, 2011 1:33pm
    Jen,
    Prayers of peace are coming your way. I'm sorry everything is so frustrating for you right now. If you want to vent, you know my email. If there is anything I can help you out with in regards to school, please let me know. Kenzi is in Pre-K this year in the public school. I have that experience, plus my own experience as a public school teacher and I would be glad to help out in anyway I can. Just remember OUR KIDS have the same rights as the "normal" kids do. It's just unfortunate that we have to advocate LOUDER than everyone else to be heard. Public schools are required by law to provide services for students with disabilities. The IDEA Act says so, woot woot! :)

    Hugs and prayers for wisdom, strength, patience and faith.

    (((^i^)))
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Tracy Jensen — Feb 7, 2011 2:18pm
    Awww poor Owen...that stinks....keeping you guys in our prayers...and you asked for something that is soooo key...Praying for family balance...sometimes it's so hard to find....

    Keeping you guys in our hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Jenifer Potter — Feb 7, 2011 2:33pm
    thanks, Brandi.

    It's actually more of having problems with the community preschool, plus figuring which one to do, how many days, what time, etc. It gets really tricky.

    thanks for the prayers! Like you I want the same things for Owen that I want for my other kids. I just wish it weren't so complicated to get it sometimes.

    balance. that ellusive balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By Julie Adams — Feb 7, 2011 5:11pm
    Jen,
    I am goingmany similar challenges you are right now. Whole family sick, doctors appointments approaching. Deadlines for school registration (for next year) quickly approaching. We have so many difficult decisions to make now regarding where our children should go to school next year. Thanks for reminding me....God's will be done. I'll pray that we both find the answers we seek.
    GodSpeed Jen,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. By Carrie Loeffler — Feb 7, 2011 7:16pm
    Jen,
    Have you heard of "Reaching Out Loud" pre-school and speech therapy. They are right at the corner of Coldwater and Union Chapel. I think they are going to have pre-school next year, too. Let me know if you want any more info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By jaimie schrader — Feb 12, 2011 9:20pm
    Hey, guys!! So sorry to hear you've all been so sick...this winter seems especially bad for those nasty bugs. My preschoolers are all sick, too! Anyways, much love and prayers to you guys and hopefully you constantly remember how loved and supported and lifted up you all are. We all love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!