Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eye Update

quick update on the eyes.  I uploaded 2 photos.  Looking pretty good.  and straight.  yay!

We are heading (weather pending) to IU Health North campus Saturday for Craniofacial clinic. 

Yes, on a Saturday!!!!   Our Riley Clinic docs and staff have opened up shop on Saturdays now at the North campus to better serve their growing patient base.

I am excited.  Not sure it will shave much off travel time, but the convenience of not worrying about babysitters and school schedules for a weekday clinic visit is way worth it to me.

Hoping we don't have to reschedule.  Rescheduling is not my fave.  Plus, I have a lot of things I want to ask about.

- His gigantic tonsils.  I have requested we see an ENT doctor (not a resident).  We needed a new ENT anyway, since our old one quit practicing at Riley.  Thought we would get one here in town, but if anything with ENT leads to surgery, I'd prefer it be in Indy.

- the question of apnea.As related to the tonsils.  He makes strange noises when he sleeps, has to sleep with his head tilted waaaaay back, and we've noticed him kind of stopping on occasion.  Grew out of it last I new (as a baby) but his tonsils were not this big then. At least want to rule apnea out and get it looked at.

- His nasal bridge.questions about when/if a surgery to lengthen it (that part between your nostrils) is needed.  Obviously the least of my worries right now, but something they said we would look at when he was 4.  So I'm curious to see where they stand on this now.

- SPEECH I have lots of questions about this.  mostly regarding tongue movement.  His private speech therapist thinks he has some mobility and muscle issues that are making it impossible for him to move his tongue in certain ways.  Up mostly.  He just can't really move it up.  Or with much strength behind it at all.  All significant hinderances in having smooth, articulate connected speech.  I hope they have some answers/ helpful suggestions for us.  Although I'm not holding my breath.  I think it's going to be a "wait and see" kind of thing.


So that's about it from us for now.  Thought you'd enjoy seeing his eye pictures!  we couldn't be more pleased.

here's alink to before and after pics:
http://potterwonderfullife.blogspot.com/2011/02/before-and-after.html

3 comments:

  1. By Carrie Holt — Feb 24, 2011 4:06pm
    Love the pictures; Owen's eyes look great!!!! :) :) Pray all goes well tomorrow and you get your questions answered.
    Thank you for the updates; Owen's eyes are just wonderful..and I love that smile - that picture is priceless!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Tracy Jensen — Feb 24, 2011 7:02pm
    Love the pictures!!! Kumaka said "is that me?" I said "No, it's Owen!" Kumaka said "Oh...HI OWEN"....and then said "He's making his mouth like this" and then showed me Owen's look! It was pretty funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Carrie Loeffler — Feb 26, 2011 5:43am
    Yeah! I like the smiling Owen much better! Hope you get some answers today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!