Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

Quick Update


A quick update before surgery this week.

Posted some new photos. One is of the catheter that we had in all last week. I took it out Friday afternoon after a freezing trip to the zoo (our last for the season). It came out easily after I deflated the balloon. Then nervously I re-cathed him normally right away, and had no problems! It is amazing how he healed so fast. Praise God.

You can see in the picture the little balloon that held the catheter in his bladder. I had thought I might wait until today to take it out, but some nasty blisters were forming where the tubing was taped to his tummy. Thought I'd rather him not have sores on his abdomen for surgery this week. He'll be ouchy enough.

Speaking of surgery... I am expecting a call from Day Surg tomorrow with our exact times and details, but it should be around 9:00 am. Also, please pray for Eric (and I) because this time Eric is going to be the one taking him down. I will be coming down later and switching out with him. I'll spend the night with him and we'll come home sometime Thursday. It feels a little weird for me not to be the one taking him. A little bit of "but I'm the mommy" guilt. But I know they will be fine. My mom will be there as well.

So if you think about it, pray for our little family on Wednesday and for the doctors. (I described the surgery a few posts back). As always, your prayers and endless encouragement are such a blessing to our hearts.

We continually stand in awe of God's graciousness and faithfulness! He hears and answers our prayers!

PS. also posted a new video (#6 on links page) It is of Owen kicking like crazy on the kick-n-play toy.

5 comments:

  1. Oct 15, 2007 2:02pm

    Hi Little Owen I am so glad you are better now. And your new pictures are wonderful !!! You are such a strong little guy, I went over and looked at your video right away and you really know how to make that toy work. I will be thinking about you Wednesday and praying for a successful surgery. Of course sweet boy you are always close to my heart and forever in my prayers Hugs MJ/Angel_Wings
    Mary Tamulevich
    marijeighn@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oct 15, 2007 2:53pm

    Jen, You can count on us for the prayers!! I'll pray every chance I can that everything goes well ( I'm sure it will). I love the new pics!!! Even the Bears one..lol (our family is a Vikings family!!)You have a beautiful family! Missy Swenson www.caringbridge.org/visit/addisonswenson
    Melissa Swenson
    troymissyswen@yahoo.com
    ZImmerman, MN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oct 15, 2007 3:37pm

    We will be praying for Owen and your family. You have a very beautiful family.

    Dayna & Avery Sargent

    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Dayna Sargent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oct 15, 2007 9:53pm

    I'll be sending up a prayer for you all. Hope surgery goes well on Wednesday.

    Aunt Beth
    Beth Rohrer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oct 16, 2007 12:08pm

    Jen,
    I just went back and re-read the details of Owen's surgery. I definitely will be sending up prayers for ALL of you tomorrow. Mommy's and Daddy's need prayers too. I will pray that the doctors have steady hands as well.

    Owen looks like such a BIG boy on his riding toy. I can't wait until he is able to move it himself. I just know he will!

    Keep us all posted on Owen's recovery.

    Hugs and Prayers,
    Brandi and Kenzi (another warrior of SB!)

    www.caringbridge.org/visit/mackenziewegner
    Brandi Wegner
    bwegner1@cox.net
    Ark City, KS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!