Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

waiting

Long night.   Owen spent a few hours on the potty before bedtime.  eventually falling asleep there.

Daddy came! 

We all hit the sack early, it had been a long day.  I slept in the bed with Owen because he wanted me to.  Eric took the pull out bed.

I changed Owen's diaper many many times last night. By midnight we were in the "clear" so to speak!

Got up at 6:00 to get cleaned up and organized.

Pastor John arrived.

Grandma Potter called and was worried she would miss seeing Owen because she missed her exit.

Residents came in and said he'd been bumped to the 2nd case of the day, so we have a couple of hours.

I'm kind of relieved.  It seemed too rushed this morning.  I wanted to spend some more time with him this way... before everything changes.

Cathed him at 6:00.  told Owen it was the last time we'd do it that way.  He was completely unimpressed.  He was engrossed in Disney Junior on TV (a channel we don't get at home).

I'll keep you posted.

_____

for now I remember:

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you or forsake you.  do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."   Deut 31:8

(thanks to a friend for this verse to encourage my soul.)

3 comments:

  1. By Kristi Law — Jul 19, 2012 8:21am
    Jen,

    Thinking and praying for Owen, you and the rest of the family from Thailand.

    With love,

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Dawn Hubbard — Jul 19, 2012 8:47am
    Thank you so much for all that valuable information from one sb mom to another! I loved the wordyness!! We are looking at this same surgery and I crave every bit of information I can get from those that have gone down this road before me! Casey has had two friend locally have it done this summer our doc does it lapriscopically from my understanding. (I could be wrong though.) I also loved the information from the conference. I definitely want to go sometime in the next couple of years. I have been praying for Owen's surgery prep and outcome but just now had the time to read through the details. I pray he is recovering as well as can be expected and that both of you are getting some rest. I cried with you during your explanation of the ng tube an IV inserts. Such a hard thing as a mom to balance the mothering and the forcefulness that is necessary in those situations. :/ I've been there. Way to take charge and do something you knew you jad more experience with though! I admire that.

    Hugs to you and Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Kelly Amstutz — Jul 19, 2012 9:01am
    I'm praying!

    Love,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!