Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

lasts

maybe more frequent posts will keep me shorter!  ha!  yeah, right!

There were just a few things floating around my mind yesterday and today I wanted to write down.

We have absolutely NOTHING on the schedule yesterday and today in preparation for the cleanout.  It has been really nice.  Got to spend extended one on one time with each of my kids yesterday.  I'm gonna miss them so much.

Realized that today is the last time we'll do the cone enema, that I only have 2 more days of cathing Owen the way we've done it for 5 1/2 years.  I guess the major life-style change hadn't really struck me until today.  It's gonna be different.   Cathing is something Eric and I can do in complete darkeness, half-awake or in strange places when we're out.  To us it is one of those things you now do on autopilot, kind of like brushing your teeth.  Now it's going to be like we're learning how to "brush our teeth" all over again in a new and different way.   Just weird to think about.

Did the bowel program last night too (at Owen's request) and because I was pretty nervous after that first dose!   No major messes so far!!! 

Had trouble getting Owen to drink juice instead of milk last night.  He's not a big juice drinker.  The kid loves his milk.  He will occasionally do a drink box.  So I tried to open one up and poor the Miralax in.  It worked, but not too well. 

Went to the store last night and bought some Jello cups just in case he gets hungry enough and wants to give it a try. I also found some fancy juice single servings that had a mouth to the jug so I could more easily poor in the Miralax.  Seems unnecessary I know, but for some reason he's more likely to drink room-temperature juice boxes than juice in a cup.  Now's not the time to fight that battle.  We'll do what works.  I dont' want to show up tomorrow and have to explain why he didn't take the last 2 doses of Miralax.  

So far so good.  He downed the morning juice with the promise of playing iPad when it was all gone.  Didn't say boo about not eating breakfast!  Thank you Jesus!  Going to wait 30 minutes then sit him on the potty.

We'll see how lunch goes.

Thanks for your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. By Hannah McAdams — Jul 17, 2012 8:12am
    Thinking and praying for your family this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Diane Rich — Jul 17, 2012 5:14pm
    Just wanted to let you know that we've been following Own's journey and will be thinking of you all and praying for you during and after Own's surgery.


    Ted and Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Marne Dekkers — Jul 18, 2012 9:39am
    I've been playing catch up on blogs and CB's lately... finally caught up on Owen and your last few entries. wow wow wow!

    First of all, praying that everything goes well with the surgery - for an amazing peace to overcome you and Eric as you anticipate and wait things out; for all the docs, nurses and staff that you will encounter; and for Mr. Owen that he will be a superstar like he always is! :-)

    Thanks for writing all your thoughts down. I love all the info, how you share it, and how you approach situations with Owen and your other kids... you are an amazing mom and an encouragement to me as we walk down the same SB road with Carter.

    Hugs and prayers to you, Jen!

    Marne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!