said his head hurt. I could tell it was pretty bad. can you say, Major "Shunty eyes"?!
so
I had Boaz paged while he tried to eat some breakfast. He said we
could come down and get it put back to 2. I told him of our plans to
go to Chicago. and asked if we could get it changed here in the Fort
or in Chicago. He said it is so hit or miss who would be around and IF
they would use the same type of shunt. He would actually prefer we not
have to drive down, but it seemed too hit or miss to find somewhere else
on short notice.
He also said we could probably wait... maybe being upright would help.
UNLESS he was haveing a blockage.
he said changing it from 2 to 2.5 shouldn't be catostrophic. so wait and see would be okay.
so I continued to pack for our day.
He
keeps crying and is just miserable and I'm second guessing myself all
over the place. and furious that we turned it yesterday even though
there was no way to know THIS would happen.
So then he throws up! RED FLAG!
Long story short.... Eric is back from getting the oil changed we are almost ready to load up and are ALL going to Indy.
IF he checks out fine and turning it back to 2 is enough then we'll all head on up to Chicago.
IF
he needs a revision. Evie and Owen and I will stay. (cleaverly packed
our bags separately) and the rest will go on To Choicato.
Liam
was just crushed at the thought of missing the Legoland. And I really
don't want their childhood memories to be of all the things they were
supposed to do if it weren't for Owen.
I know
it's not Owen's fault. And believe me there are plenty of things that
get trumped because of Owen, but for the most part it is our goal to
keep life as consitent and normal as possible for the other kids. So
that's why we may go to great lengths to still go to Legoland.
anywya.. hope that made sense.. and I'm not going to fix my typos. in a hurry here.
we covet your prayers. Owen is lethargic and in a lot of opain right now.
By Marne Dekkers — May 28, 2011 9:13am
ReplyDeleteWow... You have had quite the last few days or should I say hours! Praying for you that God gives you the direction you need here and that Owen will start to feel better. Thankful for that programmable shunt. Now just to find the right setting for Owen. Praying for you & Eric too as you try ro keep normalcy for the rest of your kids. It's hard. It just is. And sometimes fairness flies right out the window and how do you make Owen understand much less the rest of your kids. Praying for your heart, praying for Owen, and praying that your trip can go on as planned. Love & hugs,
Marne
By Tracy Jensen — May 28, 2011 9:58am
ReplyDeletePraying praying praying......
By Carrie Holt — May 28, 2011 10:15am
ReplyDeleteNo fixing of typos needed - so sorry sweetheat; I know you know we understand, and especially about keepings things normal for the kids. I called my mom down from Michigan this week just for that reason - so Garrett could do baseball practice, etc. Hang in there - I'm so sorry - praying lots...Remember God is faithful.
And "even when I don't understand, even then I will say again - I trust you - you are my God, and I will trust you" (from SCC - "Trust you")
Love ya,
Carrie
By Brad Bowles — May 28, 2011 10:24am
ReplyDeleteHi Owen... I'm sorry to hear your not up to par today. If there was any way I could take it away I would. I am very proud of you for being sooo strong and brave. I know it's hard buddy. Just hang in there and know that our prayers are with you every day. If you miss Legoland, don't worry... there will be time for that later. Hey, what is your favorite kind of toys? Do you like to color? What are your favorite things to do?
Oh. Logan and Zoe say Hi and hope you feel better !!!!!!!!!!
Eric and Jen...Hi there, if there is anything we can do to make things easier...(dinner,mowing,cleaning,repair,etc.) I know I'm not very good at this stuff but I would be happy to try. Please let us know how we can help. Hang in there, these are the kinds of times that make us grow in our faith by leaps and bounds... Stay strong in Christ my friends.
We love you all...
The Bowles Family
Brad,Christine,Logan and Zoe Ext: George,Yugi,Pumpkin,Ace and Rolo. ( Yes we have moved to the zoo. LOL)
Eric, your gonna roll next time you come over. You cant be anywhere inside or out without little eyes watching. Good thing... No racoon's!!!! Pumpkin is one tough cookie..