We have a surgery date! It has been a long, frustrating ordeal that I won't bog you down with... But needless to say, the doctor's office called this morning and gave us a date. Next Thursday, May 17th! This will be his first lip repair surgery.
I am so relieved to finally know WHEN, but I am a little a jitter right now, knowing it is so soon. Wow, he will look totally different after next Thursday. Whether they fix one side or both, the little face we've come to love will be changing.
Please pray for us this week as we prepare. Eric doesn't even know yet. He is in San Francisco all week and I won't be able to talk to him until tonight. Please pray that we all get over these colds, especially Owen, and that all the little family details will work out.
Now I need to call today to see if we can get the G-tube at the same time. Blessing: we will get to talk to Dr. Brei two days before the surgery, on the 15th at Clinic, so we can get some additional input on the decision before we go ahead with it.
I am so excited and yet scared at the same time. This will be a big deal for Owen.
Thank you for your prayers,
Jen
May 8, 2007 12:55pm
ReplyDeleteDear Jen,
I rejoice with you that you finally have a date for a surgery for working on little Owen's mouth. It is too bad he has to have so much to do with doctors and hospitals but at least he won't remember much of this when he is older.
May the Lord grant you and Eric additional strength and peace for the days ahead. May He grant you peace that you can feel in your souls.
Praying for you, Max and Cathy
Max Haines
May 8, 2007 3:54pm
ReplyDeleteHOORAY!! Hope all goes well. Aunt Beth
Beth Rohrer