Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Surgery Update


Owen did well through surgery!!!
Dr. Boaz ended up replacing the entire shunt. He also put in one with less resistance. Which means it will drain faster and hopefully not clog as easily.
So, he is on antibiotics and hopefully this will take care of it. I do not know how long we'll be here. We will see the doctor again tomorrow morning, if not sooner.
He is sleeping right now. Pretty swollen from all the IV fluids, but comfortable. First thing I noticed in the recovery room was how much "smaller" his head looked. It was the total opposite from what it was when he went into surgery. His scalp was so loose it was wrinkly. I could almost pinch it. His soft spot was back to normal as well.
Thank you for your prayers today.
Please continue to pray with us for a speedy recovery and fewer problems with this shunt. Also that there is no infection. Hopefully we'll both be home soon.
love
jen & owen

1 comment:

  1. Mar 18, 2007 8:02am

    Jen ~ Glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope you guys get to come home soon! Kinda scarey when I can follow all that medical mumbo jumbo :)

    Take care of yourself and give Owen a hug from us. We hope to hear more good news soon!
    Kim Wilhelm
    Elkhart, IN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!