Today is Owen's 3rd birthday. I was thinking back today about that day 3 years ago. Seems so long ago, but yet just like yesterday.
I'd like to sit and type those memories right now. and maybe I will later. Just not sure if I want to go there right now. I will say this... I have never felt more "held" by God during that time.
I was listening to a cd of mine in the car as I dropped off the kids at school thisafternoon. Love this song. (totally worth downloading on itunes). I wish I caringbridge would let me post music. That would be awesome. The lyrics will have to suffice. This goes out to my SB mom sisters~you know who you are...
Be Still
by Storyside:b
I remember all the times
The good times and the bad
(Some good and some are bad)
I'm still holding on to You
Some days I wanna run
And times I come undone
But I still belong to You
That's how I know that
When I feel like caving in
My heart my soul is wearing thing
I just want to give up
Nothing seems at all to add up
Can you hear me Lord?
My face is down upon the floor
It's then You whisper in my ear
Be still and know I'm here
I see a side of you my friend
The same struggles that I have
My heart goes out to you
I know it's hard to feel alone
And this world's so unforgiving
I've been feeling that way too
But I can tell you
When I feel like caving in
My heart my soul is wearing thing
I just want to give up
Nothing seems at all to add up
Can you hear me Lord?
My face is down upon the floor
It's then You whisper in my ear
Be still and know I'm here
Is that you?
Is this me?
It's sometimes hard to believe that
I am not alone
It's not just you
And not just me
We all need to believe that
We are not alone
When I feel like caving in
My heart my soul is wearing thin
I just want to give up
Nothing seems at all to add up
I know you hear me Lord.
When my face is down upon the floor
It's then you whisper in my ear
Be still and know I'm here.
We are not alone.
Be still and know I'm here.
We are not alone.
still and know I'm here.
We are not alone.
Be still and know I'm here.
We are not alone.
Jan 26, 2010 12:07pm
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY Owen!
from the Renner Family!
steph Renner
Jan 26, 2010 12:50pm
ReplyDeleteHappy 3rd Birthday, Owen - You are so precious and it's amazing to see how God has healed you and worked in your life and the life of your family and I am proud to be a friend of your mommy - walking through the same journey.
Thank you for sharing that song - Jen - so wonderful; I've heard it before, but never really paid attention to all of the words.
Have a wonderful day even in the light of all that is going on...
Carrie :)
Carrie Holt
Jan 26, 2010 12:51pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Owen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are having an awesome day today!!! Lots of hugs!! Tiffany and Ethan www.caringbridge.org/visit/ethanspage
Tiffany Carter
tiffy799@yahoo.com
Macon, GA
Jan 26, 2010 12:55pm
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN!!!!!! You are one SPECIAL boy! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!
Melissa Swenson
Jan 26, 2010 1:01pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday OWEN!!!!! I hope you are feeling better today and you have an awesome day!!!!!
Jen.....thanks for the cry...the lyrics are just beautiful! :)
Tracy Jensen
Jan 26, 2010 1:32pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Owen! Such a big boy!
Susie Copehaver
susiecopenhaver@hotmail.com
Jan 26, 2010 4:29pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Owen! I hope you didn't eat all that chocolate yet! OH, I love that song, too!
Carrie
Carrie Loeffler
Jan 26, 2010 7:20pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Owen! Love your sharing on CB! Praying for you all!
Mary Carol Schwartz
Jan 26, 2010 7:57pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Owen!!!!
Love,
Marie & Danielle Delgado
Marie Delgado
Jan 26, 2010 9:40pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Owen!! You are getting so big, buddy! Hope you had a fun day!!!
Isn't it a miracle!? Really, to look back at pics and your video from the other day... he is truly a miracle. Thanks for sharing the song, beautiful even through the tears and so worth the itunes download.
Thinking of you and all tomorrow holds at Riley. Praying all will go as well as it can and you will have some answers.
Marne
Marne Dekkers
Sioux Falls, SD
Jan 26, 2010 9:50pm
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Owen! We love you-even if ever only from afar-and we thank God for the precious, inspirational gift that is your life! www.caringbridge.com/visit/carlycarter
R.J. Misty Carly Carter