Please pray for us if you think of it this week.
Owen is still fighting a cold... or so I keep hoping. I am really starting to worry it may be the shunt, but keep passing it off as a cold or typical 2 year old stuff. I know I sound like a broken record and ultra paranoid about this issue... and luckily I've been wrong before... but that nagging thought is always there and when it gets loud enough I worry. so please pray. (I want him to be well enough to spend this weekend with grandpa and grandma Potter. special weekend with just him— overnight. I want him to have fun, not be miserable.)
Owen has been REALLY sleepy lately. takes 2 or 3 naps a day when he was basically down to one. BUT when he's up he isn't always lethargic, BUT then sometimes he is—just lays around and wants to cuddle, lies on the floor, or cries a lot.
He hasn't had the best appetite lately. BUT sometimes he'll eat 7 chicken nuggets or his whole PB&J sandwich. It MUST be just normal 2 year old finikiness, right?
And his eyes have been drifting... A LOT.
And he has been waking up in the night crying. And waking from naps crying... maybe that's JUST A PHASE, right? BUT it's like something hurts. BUT maybe I'm making it up.
And he's just not himself... Really grumpy and frustrated easily. Hitting and screaming when he gets mad. BUT maybe that's just a phase too. BUT that's what he was doing last time when his shunt was OVER-draining. BUT maybe it's just the cold and he doesn't feel good. BUT then sometimes he's happy as can be.
It is so hard to tell.
Why can't he just throw up repeatedly or have... say... ANY "classic symptom"... EVER! Something to make it obvious!
The eye thing is what is really what makes me wonder the most. the eyes in conjunction with the behavior.
I don't know.
Please pray for wisdom for us. I definitely not at the point of taking him in yet. Maybe I'll call Gloria tomorrow and just get her opinion.
I don't want to be like the little boy who cried "wolf!" But I don't want him to suffer for a month while I decided whether or not there's something wrong. Probably it's just a little off part of the time and giving him a headache or something. why do we always have to have these "partial clogs"? He's had that several times, but they only do something when it gets really bad. Meanwhile, "kinda bad" is not fun. I'm hoping it resolves itself again, like it did last time. His body just adjusted.
BUT then again, it could all be nothing. Maybe it's all in my head.
Grrrr.... shunts!
Mar 22, 2009 10:42pm
ReplyDeleteHi Jen. I'll pray this week that your anxiety will be relieved. God cares for even the littlest sparrow so I know He's watching you too. I hope it becomes clear soon what is wrong with Owen. Aunt Beth
Beth Rohrer
Mar 22, 2009 11:56pm
ReplyDeleteJen,
Thanks for sharing your concerns and frustrations with us. I appreciate the opportunity to pray for you. I miss you all in Indiana.
Laurie Kitzan
Issaquah, WA
Mar 23, 2009 1:39am
ReplyDeleteJen- Thinking of and praying for you. Could it be teeth? Those 2 year molars can be such a pain....I was wondering about Brendan's today. I love the new pictures. Owen is such a cutie! Hugs, Steph :) www.caringbridge.org/visit/babybrendan
Stephanie Johnson
sjncj1994@yahoo.com
Roseburg, OR
Mar 23, 2009 5:27am
ReplyDeleteThinking and praying for you guys.
Call me anytime if you need to.
Im praying its nothing...wish shunts never caused problems, but that would make things too easy, wouldnt it?
Hows the rocket? Have you tried it out yet? Do you hate me? lol
Ok...Im late...gotta get the boys up for school.
Write you later!
Kim Wilhelm
Elkhart, IN
Mar 23, 2009 6:48am
ReplyDeleteHi Jen!
Lots of prayers and I understand those inner arguments. You have to trust the "mommy instinct" because you know when "somethings just not right" and when it's time to find out what's going on. I am not ready for this "2 year old syndrome" that Ethan is beginning to come down with. He tried to bite his therapist the other day and I was ready to rush him to the E.R. because this is not my sweet little Ethan :) lol I know they see it all the time from kids but it's embarrassing when it's your own :) Again, hang in there and God will let you know when it's time to do something. Lot's of hugs and prayers!!!
Tiffany and Ethan
www.caringbridge.org/visit/ethanspage
Tiffany Carter
tiffy799@yahoo.com
Macon, GA
Mar 23, 2009 7:05am
ReplyDeleteDear Jen,
I am praying that the Lord will give you peace of mind as well as clarity of mind to assess what is wrong with Owen. I hope he got to come to Grandpa and Grandma Potters for the weekend.
Please know that Cathy and I are praying.
Max
Max Haines
Mar 23, 2009 9:08am
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Jen, to hear about Owen. I will be praying; hang in there, trust God and He will tell you, I know how hard it is.
Carrie :)
Carrie Holt
Hilliard, OH
Mar 23, 2009 10:06am
ReplyDeleteOh Jen!
I just want you to know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. When Caleb hit 2 years old, we went through a year + of not sleeping well, not eating well, absolute frustration because we couldn't communicate...not one of my better years as a parent! Just so you know you are not alone! (I personally think it is a "boy"thing!) :-) I, too, would be a worried mess if I always had to be watchful of a shunt malfunction or wandering eyes. You are an AWESOME mommy! I pray that God will give you peace and discernment! You are loved!!! Be Encouraged!
Rachel Miller