Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

quick post....


I forgot to mention that Owen figured out last week how to suck from a regular sippy cup! That's right... SUCK!!! He is figuring it out!

He is improving on his suck every day. Gone are the days of us endlessly squeezing the juice box. we alternate between the sippy and his special drinking cup. He is doing great. I have been able to cut down the amount of formula he gets through the feeding tube at some meals because he is drinking a significant amount on his own! (maybe 1-3 oz.) Plus he thinks he's just like the big kids now because his cup is just like theirs.

We thank the Lord for these little steps towards getting off the feeding tube! And we are thankful that the strong suck he is generating is evidence of an excellent seal at the back of his throat. Dr. Havlik made an excellent repair on his palate!

2 comments:

  1. Jul 18, 2008 8:27am

    Good job on the sippy cup Owen!!!! I'm so proud of you!

    Missy Swenson
    Melissa Swenson
    troymissyswen@yahoo.com
    ZImmerman, MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jul 18, 2008 1:24pm

    Hi Owen!!!!
    I know just how proud your mommy is with you using the sippy cup. That is so awesome!!! Sounds like you are doing great and trying to grow up all in one week like my little Ethan!!! Keep up the good work.

    www.caringbridge.org/visit/ethanspage
    Tiffany Carter
    tiffy799@yahoo.com
    Macon, GA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!