Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Update


Thank you all for your prayers. Owen did fine at his CT scan last night. Praise the Lord. They did have a similar set up afterall, so I was really thankful. Once he is immobilized we sing songs and he stays pretty calm. Plus this time he was very interested in the machine. Theirs was much more noisy and you could see it spinning inside. He thought that was neat I guess. They are mailing the scan to Riley today. So I am hoping to hear something by Friday. They will be looking for a bone growth or infection (which I forgot to mention earlier.) I'm not sure what to pray for regarding this. I don't necessarily want him to have a bone infection or a growth or anything that would require another surgery. BUT I don't want him to have nasty non-stop ear infections either. It would be nice to have answers as to why, but I just pray we will have peace with those answers as we take the next steps. It is just one more thing in our quest to do what is best for Owen. To keep him as healthy as possible so he can focus on development. But through it all, he is still so happy. I'd say he is still "less happy" than normal, but for having ears that surely are hurting, he is awfully content. I can't complain. I thank God for the cheerful and content disposition he gave to Owen.

I'll keep you posted when we know more.

tomorrow is his 1 year First Steps evaluation. I am interested to hear what they have to say. 

6 comments:

  1. Feb 13, 2008 9:48am

    Hi Owen and Family I am so glad the Ct went so well. I am praying for good results little guy. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs MJ/Angel_Wings
    Mary Tamulevich
    marijeighn@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feb 13, 2008 10:11am

    Jen,
    I am so glad to hear that the scans went with out much fuss. I know that you will anxiously be awaiting the results of those scans, as will most of your "virtual" family out here in Caringbridge-land.

    I haven't signed in a while, not because I have forgotten you, life has just been throwing me some curve balls. BUT, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Owen's new pictures. Priceless! I also really enjoyed his latest video on YouTube. I never thought I would be one to like bees, but I sure do love them now!

    Hugs,
    Brandi :)
    Brandi Wegner
    Ark City, KS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feb 13, 2008 10:24am

    I am glad he enjoyed the "machine". His curiosity is a great occupier of time.

    I pray the results will give you dirction in finding the cause and cure for the ear problem.

    God bless, Max
    Max Haines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feb 13, 2008 10:48am

    Hi Jen,

    I'm glad that his scan went well. Keeping you in our prayers. That grin is just awesome...hugs,
    Tracy Jensen
    Fountain Valley, CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feb 14, 2008 8:57am

    Love nd prayers for all of you on this most loving holiday! What an amazing year this has been!

    Shirley Nettnin
    shirley nettnin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feb 14, 2008 9:36am

    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY OWEN !! I hope today is filled with love and happiness. I know you have captured my heart !! Hugs and Angel Kiss precious little boy. As always you are in my heart and prayers. MJ/Angel_Wings
    Mary Tamulevich
    marijeighn@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!