Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Please Pray...


Yesterday Owen was really fussy and sleepy. His soft spot was sort of bulgy and his eyes seemed to be bugging (drifting) out a little more than usual. All these things can point to a shunt malfunction. I am hoping I am just being overly paranoid, but I am going to call the neuro surg nurse today anyway. Please pray for wisdom. Discerning when there is really a problem is a difficult thing. Owen always has such mild symptoms of shunt failure.

Thank you,

jen

15 comments:

  1. Jan 21, 2008 6:59am

    Jen,

    Of course I will send many prayers your way! I know EXACTLY what you mean when you feel like you are paranoid and overreacting. Trust your "mommy instinct," we know our children better than any medical/scientific explanation.

    Trust in HIM, trust in HIM, trust in HIM.

    ((((Prayers and Hugs))))

    Brandi ♥
    Brandi Wegner
    Ark City, KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan 21, 2008 7:00am

    I'll be thinking of you and sending up a prayer. Aunt Beth
    Beth Rohrer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan 21, 2008 7:06am

    Owen and Jen I am storming the Heavens with my prayers precious little Owen. Owen I am holding you close to my heart and always in my prayers. Hugs MJ/Angel_Wings
    Mary Tamulevich
    marijeighn@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan 21, 2008 7:09am

    Just want you to know we are praying for Owen and for you, too. These things must be really hard!

    Jen
    Jennifer Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan 21, 2008 7:10am

    Oh no Jen....Im praying and thinking of you guys today! So close to his birthday...not a way he should celebrate his first birthday!

    Love you guys!
    Kim
    Kim Wilhelm
    Elkhart, IN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan 21, 2008 7:11am

    Praying for you, you go right ahead and be overprotective. That's what mommy's do best. Much love, many prayers,,

    Angel_Wings
    Etta Angel_Wings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan 21, 2008 7:28am

    Dear Eric and Jen,

    I pray you have learned more by now. We are praying for you and littl Owen as you go through another scary time. You are never forgotten or forsaken by God.

    Love, Max and Cathy
    Max Haines

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan 21, 2008 7:57am

    Hi Jen - I am praying for your precious Owen. May God give discernment, clarity & guidance to you.

    Love & hugs,

    Michelle / Angel_Wings
    michelle zimmerman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan 21, 2008 8:15am

    Good morning you adorable precious child of God, I am Bud from Angel_Wings and I will be praying for you all day! Here's an angel hug for you and your family (((((HUGS))))))!

    In Christ's love,

    Bud/Angel_Wings
    Bud West
    budwest681@hotmail.com
    Alexnadria, VA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jan 21, 2008 8:17am

    Owen and mom, I am praying for you and for that shunt to start functioning properly, so you will feel better. Sending you many prayers. Linda/Angel_Wings
    Linda Cornelius

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan 21, 2008 8:38am

    Good morning Jen. I will be praying for your wisdom as you evaluate Owen's symptoms and relay them to the neurologist. I will also pray for your peace and confidence.

    Prayers
    Tammy Scheer
    brittandtammy@yahoo.com
    Hot Springs, AR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jan 21, 2008 9:25am

    Lord, we lift up little Owen and thank You for all You are doing in his life. You have brought him so far and we give You all the praise and glory. Once more we come to You thanking You to touch his head and shunt so it works perfectly and stays exactly how it's supposed to be for him. Bless him, Lord, bless him. Give Jen and Eric wisdom as well as all his physicians and practitioners. Thank You,Jesus, for solving this issue. We ask all these things in Your Precious name. And it is so. Amen and Amen
    Barbara Potter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jan 21, 2008 9:41am

    LOVE that picture. :) I will be praying for Owen. And you! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/grantphilip
    Joy S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jan 21, 2008 9:57am

    Jen,

    I will be keeping Owen in our prayers and hope that it's not that shunt. Keep us posted,

    www.caringbridge.org/visit/kumakajensen
    Tracy Jensen
    Fountain Valley, CA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jan 21, 2008 10:19am

    Oh No, thinking and praying for you guys, today and everyday. Hope all goes well and he can enjoy his first birthday at home with everyone...hugs and kisses are going your way. Can hardly wait to see Owen and Brandon together again. Love all there pictures.

    Love,

    Sue(Brandon and Cameron Grandma)
    Sue Floor
    Union, MI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!