Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Quick Update


Wow, two posts in one day.
A few more things...
I forgot to mention that the plastic surgeons also said that the surgery to repair Owen's palet when he is one year old could be the only surgery he will need for his palet. We originally thought he may need multiple surgeries as he grew to continually close the palet. This is big news. Of course there may be unforseen things that arise, but the doctor said it usually only takes one. So that is a BIG praise. Things on the "life of surgeries" front are looking good! :)
We are going to get to hold Owen TONIGHT! We are waiting for the nurses to change shifts so we can have him for longer. (hence the time for a second update)
I got to change Owen's diaper today! He is emptying his bladder a little himself. Good news.
I also got to help feed him through his NG tube. Starting to learn about that and not a big fan--neither is Owen. Hoping we don't have to go home with one.
Anyway, hope you are all doing well,
Miss you,
Jen & Eric & Owen

4 comments:

  1. Jan 30, 2007 8:36pm

    Jen and Eric, We are so happy to hear of Owen's arrival and all the good news concerning Owen. God certainly accomplishes His will through small miracles. We will continue to pray for God's blessings to Owen and your family. We're excited to meet Owen in person. Much love,

    Rick, Angie, Sophie, Gabriel, Eli and Jacob Gernhardt
    Rick Gernhardt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan 31, 2007 7:26am

    Dear Eric and Jen,

    How I praise God for every bit of good news. I thank God for good surgeons, nurses, etc. who are so lovingly caring for Owen. Bless you, Eric and Jen as you get to have more physical contact with Owen. May the LORD bless you with peace and joy.

    God bless, Pastor Max
    Max Haines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan 31, 2007 11:02am

    Eric & Jenn~

    We just wanted to say we're thinking of you both & praying so much for Owen & your entire family. We understand how scary the uncertainty of having a baby in the NICU can be~ but just continue to rely upon your faith & lean on each other for support. God will continue to take care of Owen & make him stronger! Owen's already shown what a fighter he is...we're just so happy that he's making such progress. There will be good days ahead & days that are trying...but just keep letting Owen know how much you love and support him. He's lucky to be born into such a great family. And I'm sure Liam & Kate will be so great with him. Love & support sent your way from all of us here in Van Wert & Jenn's extended family....

    God Bless you all,

    Stephanie (Kill) ,Brian, & Carter Renner

    Ron & Carol Kill

    Dick & Alice Gehres
    steph renner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan 31, 2007 11:55am

    I am in Anita's office and hav e seen the photos of your precious little son. So many people are praying for your family. Hopefully I will soon see him.

    You are such wonderful parents. I am just amazed at how many people are praying for your family.

    .I am anxious to see your whole family.

    Love and prayers,

    Grandma B

    \\
    Anita Rediger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a message! Your words encourage us more than you know!